Visitor Centre

100 years ago, on 17 November 1914, over 23,000 internees, such as Josef Pilates, together with their guards, including Archibald Knox, started moving into Knockaloe Farm, Patrick Village.

A registered charity has been set up by the community of Patrick Village to use the old Patrick Schoolrooms, located at the entrance to Knockaloe Farm, to develop an on-site Visitors Centre and web based Archive to bring this very human aspect of Patrick Village and Island history to life.

The project has commenced with the launch of our introductory website, exactly 100 years after the arrival of the first internees into Knockaloe Camp.

But this is only the beginning….